My Favorite Binge: Reading "Warriors"

In 6th grade, a binge I did was reading this long series of books. This series became one of my favorite series. The series was called Warriors. It’s by Erin Hunter, but Erin Hunter is a pseudonym for a group of authors. The authors are Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui Sutherland, Gillian Philip, Inbali Iserles, and Victoria Holmes. The authors are still making books for this series, and for other series too. So, in 6th grade, a friend recommended this series to me, and I decided to start reading it. The series is split into different arcs. Each arc so far has 6 books in it. Today, there are 5 completed arcs, and 4 books in the current arc. So, if you do the math, there are a total of 34 books in the main series, and more are still being made. The series is about these cats that live in the wild, and they live in a group of clans. The clans are called ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan. The clan the cats live in is based on their parent’s clan, usually the parents are from the same clan. That’s basically the basics of the world the cats live in. In the first arc, there is this housecat (lives with a human, not a clan) named Rusty, and he joins ThunderClan because the leader of ThunderClan lets him. Then, there are some bad things happening in the other clans, and Rusty helps the clan out. I am not going to say a lot about what happens because I don’t want to accidentally spoil anything, so that’s why what I’m is very vague on what the series is about. The other series are about other cats in ThunderClan, and takes place not too long after the previous arc ends, and you know who all the cats are since they were in the previous arcs.
So, I started reading the series a few month after 6th grade started, and I really liked the series. I kept reading each book, one after the other. I may have taken a break at some points, and read some other books, if the next book I had to read in the series was unavailable, but by the time 6th grade ended, I was in the middle of the 5th arc, which was the last arc available. During that summer (before 7th grade), I finished the all main arcs, and also read other books that took place in the same world as the main series. These books are called Super Editions. They had more pages in them than the main series, and they tell some interesting stories that happened in the same world, but was not mentioned in the main arcs. So, by the time 7th grade started I had finished almost all the books in the Warriors world except for the short stories, and guides. The short stories are similar to the Super Edition except that they are shorter and are not as significant as the other books. The guides were about the clans and how they worked. I finished those quickly, and now I am waiting for the next book to come out. Warriors is a series of books that I just could not put down, and I really enjoyed that series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Margie Oppenheimer: A Holocaust Survivor

Endings and Beginnings

Perseverance: The Only Way