My Life: In Photos

          One day during the summer, I was outside filling my bird feeder when I heard a rapid pecking sound. Immediately, I knew what was causing it. A woodpecker! I thought excitedly. Even though they live in my area, I rarely hear them, or see them. However, this day was different. In the tree I was standing right next to was a woodpecker. I quickly and quietly took out my phone, and took this picture. . Later, I looked at a book of birds, and I identified that the woodpecker I saw was called a downy woodpecker.
I love to see new birds, and observe them. This woodpecker didn’t seem scared of people. It clearly saw me, but didn’t fly away. When I showed my parents the woodpecker, it still didn’t fly away. I was interested by my observations, so I wrote about them in my journal. As time went by, I continued to write about interesting things I saw in nature, and I still have the journal that I wrote all these things in, so I can look back at them.
After that day, I started to write down my observations more often. Like Daniel from Daniel’s story, I love to record what is happening around me. I want to keep them for the future me, or for someone else that might find my writings in the future. Also, I love to explore. I want to make my own discoveries, and learn a lot. An important aspect of my life is my passion for learning and making my own discoveries.

          I own a lot of books, and I also love to read. Something that I want to do in life is to experience a lot of things. One way I try to do this is by reading. In books, I can learn about all sorts of things like places, and feelings. I like to own books because I can always have them at a moment’s notice, so I never have to wait long to experience someone else’s life. As I said previously, I love to discover new things, and if I can’t experience them first hand, then reading is how I discover new things. All books are different, and have something special that another book doesn’t, and that is what I love most about reading. 
          Also, another thing that books connect my life to is my family. I have a lot of people in my family, and some of them also love to read. For example, one of my aunts loves Harry Potter, so we always talk about the books. Another aspect of my life is that I can communicate with my family in different ways, and I end up learning even more that way.

Comments

  1. Love the book photo. It makes me feel both calm and excited at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Margie Oppenheimer: A Holocaust Survivor

Endings and Beginnings

Perseverance: The Only Way