Quotes That Are Important To Me

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, " said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one."
                -George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons


The reason I keep on reading more and more books is for the story of one's or many people's lives. In books I can find people who are not like the everyday people around me, some experience adventure and romance, and other can experience loss and the feeling of loneliness, as well as people who have big changes in their lives. With reading I can, at anytime, jump into the shoes of someone else and see what other people's lives are like.







This quote allows me to be able to make anything  I want to make. I like to think and sometimes write about fantasy worlds. As I imagine it, I can see it in my mind and it is as if it was real. If I feel like I am tired or bored of this world than I can go back into the world I create in my mind and hang out there (Not literally but mentally), and it feels very real because as this quote from Picasso says, "Everything you can imagine is real".





I like to learn as many things as I can. Whether its from reading a textbook, to going somewhere, or doing something hands on. When reading books, there are some places in the books that are also in real life. Like Chicago, New York, London and a whole lot of others. Books make these cities sound interesting and that there a lot of things to see. While reading, there are detailed descriptions of these places and they tell me what to expect of this place. Sometimes I would want to go to these places. Then there are also books that take place in a setting that does not exist on Earth like outer space or an entire new world, and most of the time those places really intrigue me. It makes me interested so much that I might actually want to go to this imaginary place, but as I was talking about the previous quote, these imaginary places are as real as real cities on Earth. So, I can go anywhere I want to imaginary or real.

Comments

  1. I really liked the quotes that you chose, they are really inspirational. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Margie Oppenheimer: A Holocaust Survivor

Endings and Beginnings

Perseverance: The Only Way