The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. I also enjoyed the movie very much, but just like with other movies based on novels, I wasn't fully satisfied with it. The movie has a run time of 1 hour and 31 minutes, which I think is okay. A common thing I see between books, and movies based on books is that there is always something missing. That is what makes the movies, based on books, I watch just being a shy bit away from making me fully happy. The first thing I feel is missing is at the beginning. In the book, Ponyboy introduces the gang: Sodapop, Darry, Dally, Steve, Two-bit, and Johnny. However, in the movie, they were not introduced at all, so we didn't really know much about any of them. People who have read the book might understood the characters without them having to be introduced, but not everyone would have read the book, or remembered while watching the movie. For me, it wasn't much of an issue, having I just r...
Comments
Post a Comment